Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto
95800582

I have a Kenmore Elite double door with the freezer at the

Customer Question

I have a Kenmore Elite double door with the freezer at the bottom and I'm having trouble with the freezer tonight. the freezer temp has gone to 14 and the fridge temp has gone to 40. Any idea what is going on?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Do you have an answer, I've sent my pmt?
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. First lets start with trying to listen and hear the fans and compressor in the back running. One fan should shut off when you open the door and the other fan should run the whole time. The compressor you can check to see if its running it should be slightly warm

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hold on till I go there. I didn't hear a fan shut off. It doesn't have rollers so I can't pull it out to feel if it's warm. What part I could feel under the cords felt a little warm.
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

Ok so we will need to check the condenser coils which will be located on the inside of the unit by removing the back panel through the inside of the unit. So we can see if they are frozen if they are then they will need to be defrosted. Also let me know about that fan because if it is not coming on while the door is shut and going off when opened the fan may not be running and will need to be replaced.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I'm going to end this call since nothing you've said is helping me since I can't pull it out. I feel as though I've wasted my money. Thank you.
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

The condenser coils are accessed by going through the front doors to the back of the unit you will not need to pull it out. You will just remove the back panel