Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto
95800582

I have a Maytag 2 door bottom freezer fridge that has frost

Customer Question

I have a Maytag 2 door bottom freezer fridge that has frost in the freezer section. I lowered the temperature but it isn't helping. What can I do?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: I think it is about 5 years old. Model #MBR1956KES4, Serial # KY(###) ###-####
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If I can
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Top fridge doesn't seem to be cold. I have never had a problem with this.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you with this. Sorry to hear you are having this problem. More than likely your problem is with the condenser coils being frozen. You can defrost the frost and condenser coils with a blow dryer if you have one.