Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

We bought a dishwasher last week & it is great, but at the

Customer Question

We bought a dishwasher last week & it is great, but at the end of the rinse cycle the door opens & stops the program. We had to close it a few times in a row before it finished the whole program. Dishwasher is a DW60CK1 model. Regards, ***** *****
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?
Customer: The model is DW60CK1 and we haven't run a diagnostic test cycle. How do you do this.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Do I run the cycle when it is empty?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

It sounds like the steam created is causing too much pressure and the door keeps popping open which breaks the door switch and the unit stops running. You'll want to make sure that the trim around the outer frame of the tub isn't pushing against the back of the door when you close it. Other than that, call warranty out to take a look because you could have a bad or weak door latch that needs to be replaced or slightly bent hinges.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.