John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

Why has my whirlpool duet front-loading washer stopped

Customer Question

Why has my whirlpool duet front-loading washer stopped draining the soap receptacle?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 month ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Is it leaving liquid or powder behind?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Leaving liquid. I have always used the recommended HE amount, but the receptacle hasn't been emptying regardless of the temp of the water. I have tried hot water loads, thinking it might help, but it hasn't. I have always used Tide HE,by the way...Thanks.

Have you cleaned out the tray and ports on it?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have cleaned the tray...not sure what a port is or how to clean it.

Watch this video to show you how to clean one

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Followed the directions... still have residual soap in the dispensing cup, but not as much. Am I on the right track?

Yes you should be. Now also some detergents are too thick so just try to either use a little water if the detergent is really thick and see and clean the dispenser one more time then try it.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Still have a small pool of soap in the bottom of the dispenser. I've thoroughly cleaned the whole dispensing drawer with a toothbrush and scrubbed the water jet holes on the top of the drawer cavity as best I can with a stiff brush...this is difficult. My units are stacked, so going beyond this may mean a service call?

Have you diluted your soap a but with water then tried it a load to see if it all drains?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.