Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My dishwasher does not drain on the final cycle, I have to

Customer Question

my dishwasher does not drain on the final cycle, I have to manually push drain button
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?
Customer: Kenmore 665.77969k703
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I just installed (6 weeks ago) a new drain pump
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

If you can manually push the drain button and the unit drains, then you either have a partial restriction or your control board is bad and not telling the pump to pump at the end of the cycle. It's difficult to know which is the case, but usually the drain hose under the dishwasher with the 90 degree elbow that goes to the drain pump is the part that gets a partial restriction inside causing it to drain too slow. Manually pressing the drain button allows the unit 2 minutes to drain instead of 30 seconds like a normal cycle so I would replace the drain hose right by the pump first. If the issue continues then you know you need a new main control board. Below is a link to the drain hose.

CLICK HERE for drain hose

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
any instruction on how to replace the control panel?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

It's fairly straight forward and simple but below is a video that shows you how to do so if needed.

CLICK HERE for video