Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line
16832328

I have a Maytag refrigerator that has the Freezer as a big

Customer Question

I have a Maytag refrigerator that has the Freezer as a big drawer on the bottom. It has been dripping water out of the bottom of the drawer. we emptied it so that it has very little in the freezer compartment but it still drips from time to time. The gasket looks fine. Not sure what else to check.
JA: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?
Customer: I would say it is about 3 to 4 years old. Not sure of the make and model.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I would like to, if possible.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Not that I can think of. We thought it was just to full and not shutting all the way. But now that there is very little in it and it still drips, not sure what it could be.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 1 month ago.

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 36 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I will have to look at it tonight and get back with you tomorrow

Ok with out a model number I have no way of knowing which of the 60-75 current models of refrigerators you have.

Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 30 days ago.

I see you have NOT replied back to me .
Do you still need assistance on your question?

Customer: replied 23 days ago.
Whirlpool
Model# *****
Ser.# K30901956The freezer has not leaked since last Thursday but you guys have charged my credit card $5 and $23. Is that what I have to pay?
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 23 days ago.

I as an appliance expert never get to see your personal information.

The $5 is normally a fee to ask the question, and the $23 is a deposit on the question.

An expert does not get paid until you the customer rates the expert.

Ok So you were having issues as to where the water was /is dripping out of the bottom of the freezer door.

Make sure that you do not have ice on the very bottom of the freezer floor and then it migrates out to the front and then out the door as water.

This is due to a defrost drain line opening behind the freezer rear interior wall panel.

Which means the unit will need to have all the food removed from the freezer section and the rear interior wall panel removed to gain access to the defrost drain line opening under the Evaporator coil .

If you have cleaned it up on the freezer floor it would take a few days for it to build up enough to start leaking out the freezer door once again.

This video will help you better under stand what needs to be done to your unit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSiLmJQmzEY

If you have any questions please reply back to me.