Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a GSH25JFTA CC side by side GE refgriator and the

Customer Question

Good Morning, I have a GSH25JFTA CC side by side GE refgriator and the water dispenser stopped working. I checked the water flow to the dispenser and warmed it up with a hair dryer. It worked for 2 days and then stopped again. I checked the water supply again and am now talking to you.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: model GSH25JFTA CC serial# *****
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: yes, what would be my next step? What is causing it to freeze up?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

So it sounds like you located the problem and that is with the water line freezing up inside the freezer door. Unfortunately this was a common issue for this model as the refrigerator got older because the insulation in the door would break down and the water line would freeze as a result. Due to this being a common issue, a kit was designed by GE to run a heater down the water line in the freezer door which stops it from freezing. Below is a link to the kit you'd want to order and install and it comes with instructions.

CLICK HERE for kit

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.