Jamie_2013
Jamie_2013, Handyman
Experience:  worked on appliances for around 6 years
76126576

My whirlpool cabrio dryer buzzer keeps going off every few

Customer Question

My whirlpool cabrio dryer buzzer keeps going off every few minutes. The damp sensor button is turned off. The lint trap is clean.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 4-6 years old WGD7300XW0
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Jamie_2013 replied 1 month ago.

You will need to replace the buzzer to fix this.

Using the Star Rating Chart at the top of your page and rating me at least a 5 star is how I receive payment for helping you. Please if you do not understand my answer, don't hesitate to ask for more help. BONUSES appreciated.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The buzzer works. Doesn't it just turn on when a sensor or something else tells it to?

I have found in most of these cases it to be the push to start switch.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Isn't that different than the buzzer?

Yes, do you have a multimeter? If so you can test the start switch for continuity.

You will want to ohm out(continuity check) that push-to-start switch, with a volt/ohm meter, to see if its stuck closed with the button not pushed in.

To access the timer and push-to-start switch you can remove the 2 front console screws, then pull the console towards you then up and then tilt it towards you and remove the 4 back panel console screws.

If you don't have a volt/ohm meter, you can get a cheap one at Radio Shack.

Unplug your dryer first before testing!

Take 1 wire off the push-to-start switch before ohm testing it for continuity, doesn't matter which one.

With the button pushed in, it should have continuity, with the button out, it shouldn't have continuity.

Using the Star Rating Chart at the top of your page and rating me at least a 5 star is how I receive payment for helping you. Nobody likes to go to work and not get paid. Please if you do not understand my answer, don't hesitate to ask for more help. BONUSES appreciated.