Jamie_2013
Jamie_2013, Handyman
Experience:  worked on appliances for around 6 years
76126576

I have a ge profile refrigarator making a beeping sound,

Customer Question

i have a ge profile refrigarator making a beeping sound
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: pfcs1rkzass about three years
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: hopefully
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: i turned the power off; didn't stop beeping
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Jamie_2013 replied 1 month ago.

The door alarm will sound if the door switch is or if the control board is faulty. First, try pushing and holding in the doors, for a couple of minutes. If the alarm stops, it indicates the switch needs to be pushed in more. This can be due to the door not making good enough contact with the switch or it could be a faulty switch. If it barely touches the switch, the door will need to be adjusted. If it does seem to make good contact, the switch will need to be replaced. If the alarm still sounds, the main board will need to be replaced.

Using the Star Rating Chart at the top of your page and rating me at least a 5 star is how I receive payment for helping you. Please if you do not understand my answer, don't hesitate to ask for more help. BONUSES appreciated.