Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto
95800582

We ran out of propane and now our stove's burners and oven

Customer Question

we ran out of propane and now our stove's burners and oven don't light the burners are all clicking
JA: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: maytag maybe 8 yrs old
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes probably
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: not sure like I said we smell the propane and everything was working fine on saturday, when we ran out and it just got filled 30 minutes ago
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. What is the model number of your maytag? It should be located on the inside of the door if you open it.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
sorry i dont see one
but it looks like the oven has a pilot light opening??
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
should i try and light it??
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

It should be located on the inside of the door but if you do not see it how about the flame sensor when you go to try and turn it on

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
the burners click not sure about the oven I turned oven and it did not get hot but smelled the priopane
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

sounds like a problem with the ignitor or the flame sensor to me and will need to be replaced.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
sorry last question , why would either of them stop working just because we ran out of propane?
Everything was working fine on friday and ran out of propane on saturday
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

Well these things can fail for no reason. The fact there was nothing else to circulate out could have caused it and is the most likely cause. Just because you ran out of propane could have seized it up. These things do happen. And these are the most common to fail on all gas or propane units.