Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I bought a new Refrigerator last year never used it. I put

Customer Question

I bought a new Refrigerator last year never used it . I put in storage . Now I went to plug it in. But it's not cooling . Lights are on . And I deactivated the demo mode but it's still not cool . It a LG 3 french door model number lfxs2756s/ 00
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
What do I need to do . To get it to start cooling. I've had in plugged in since last night
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 month ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Is the compressor running?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
it is
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
This is a brand new fridge . I bought it last year. I put it in storage .I have never plugged it until today . I was having g my house built. So that's why I never use it . And put it in storage for a year

OK there is a very good chance the unit had a freon leak and has no freon left in it. I would try to get it covered under warranty as that will be an expensive repair. If the compressor and fans are running and nothing is cooling the freon is out. This is something that you will not be able to repair yourself though.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, A 5 STAR RATING ALLOWS UNLIMITED FOLLOWUP QUESTIONS AND A DIRECT LINK BACK TO ME.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Is there anything else I can check . I find it hard to believe. That it would be freon . Cuz the ice maker is not working also .plus it does look like it's made an attempt to even try to cool. Is there a code or something. I need to type in??

Are you sure the compressor is running?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I can hear it kick on .

Then it would be cooling something, it is out of gas nothing else would cause that issue nothing and I have seen it many times.

Hi there,

I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, I am not credited anything until a good star rating is supplied thank you.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I had to call a repair man .I will let you know Friday what the verdict is .

ok thanks