Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech
13353276

I have a kenmore elite he3 gas propane dryer. the problem is

Customer Question

I have a kenmore elite he3 gas propane dryer. the problem is when starting everything is ok the unit comes up to temp, and everything seems to be working . when the flame goes out when it reaches temp it will not restart to keep the dyer up to temp . the solinod valve seems to make a strange noise when the glow iginiter is lite but no gas flame which leaves me to believe it is the valve problem, please advise
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Kenmore is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: model110 92826100
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes if possible
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: not at this time thank you
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Chas replied 1 month ago.

Hello from our service,

My name is***** am so happy to help you today.

I would like to say that we are also on the honors system. I in good faith am going to do my utmost to ensure your satisfaction. Please before rating me, make sure that I have answered all your questions.

This is a very common problem with gas dryers from all brands, the coils on the unit get weak and only work one or 2 times then fail to relight anymore, takes about 20 minutes to replace, If yo click on the blue link below you can order the coils that go on the gas valve to fix this yourself and save yourself $130 in labor.

Click here

On the same page as you order the part there should be a video showing how to replace it..

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Tips are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory

Expert:  Chas replied 1 month ago.

I noticed that the question was still open, is there anything else I can do for you on this problem?