Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

The washing machine is not responding to the load size

Customer Question

Hi again! The washing machine is not responding to the load size valve. It is turned to super but it is filling up to about small or medium amount of water. It is an admiral heavy duty super capacity eight cycle to speed combination washer.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
X
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

In the diagram at the link below, number 46 is the screw at the back of each end cap (16 & 29) on the sides of the timer console. Loosen those screws and pull the console forward, lift and hinge it up. Once hinged up, you will see the pressure switch (controls water level), number 12 in the diagram. There is a small tube attached to that pressure switch. Carefully remove that tube and blow through it (the tube). Does air easily pass?

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
We removed the tube and air does pass easily through it. What do we do now?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

Hook it back up and if no change, replace that pressure switch, available below. Good job! :-)

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Okay so I put the washer back together and put it to extra large and the water stopped halfway up. So I need to order a new part? It's also very hard to turn the Knobs from small to medium to Latge to extra large.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

Yes, you will need that switch I linked you to, part number W10339251. Be sure to change the hose that comes with it, too! The switch will twist a quarter turn counter clockwise and pull off.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Okay thanks
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

Yes indeedy, thank you! Have a great rest of your evening!