Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a Samsung French dorr refer. The ice maker stopped

Customer Question

I have a Samsung French dorr refer. The ice maker stopped making ice. The auger runs but no ice. The drinking water works fine and I have changed the filter.
JA: What's the make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: It is Samsung RF4267HARS/XAA
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: if it is not to crazy.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I think that is it
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 3 months ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Answer:

You likely need to replace the icemaker, press the TEST button on the side or bottom front edge of the icemaker and see if it rotates around and fills with water if not try to unplug the unit for a minute and plug it back in and then try it again. If still nothing replace the icemaker on the unit.

CLICK HERE PART

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, A 5 STAR RATING ALLOWS UNLIMITED FOLLOWUP QUESTIONS AND A DIRECT LINK BACK TO ME.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!

Hi there,

I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, I am not credited anything until a good star rating is supplied thank you.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I replaced the ice maker and it still does not make ice. what is next?

Does the icemaker rotate with the test button pressed?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
it ding dongs but i do not feel or hear anything.

WHen you press the test button on the icemaker itself?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.

OK if it is not rotating then the main control board must be defective and not powering the icemaker itself there are only two parts the icemaker and the control board.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
What is the control board how much and how hard to install?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Helo appliance guy. I received the mother board that you suggested and it is not the correct one. In the center there is a red connector that does not exist on the new board. I can snd photos
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The one with the red plug in center is original.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hello, would you please respond to above question.