Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a Sub Zero model 736TC that is giving me an error

Customer Question

I have a Sub Zero model 736TC that is giving me an error message on the temperature panel (24 ice EC) Is this something I would need to call a repair man for or can I fix it myself?Thankyou
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Sub-Zero is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: It was installed in March 2008. The model is 736 TC 3
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I am not a trained repair person, but it it was something I could fix myself I will.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 month ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Answer:

Try this before calling for repair.

If temperatures are high, call for service.
If temperatures are near normal clean the condenser.
Press and hold the door ajar alarm key for 15 seconds to clear the error code.
If the error code or Service light appears, or temperatures rise contact service for repair.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, A 5 STAR RATING ALLOWS UNLIMITED FOLLOWUP QUESTIONS AND A DIRECT LINK BACK TO ME.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!