Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

The START BOTTON FOR THE OVEN DOESNT WORK ONLY THE START

Customer Question

The START BOTTON FOR THE OVEN DOESNT WORK ONLY THE START BOTTON FOR THE MICROWAVE
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 1 month ago.

Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.
Please provide me with the model number of the unit you are needing help with so that I can give you model specific information, as soon as I get that information I will get your answer prepared as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.

unfortunately that is not the model number, open the door on the oven or the microwave and look on the frame and look for a tag that has the model number and serial number listed on it, I will need that model number to help you further, thanks.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok let me ckeck

thanks

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Kemc308k550
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Kenc308ksso

ok give me just a minute to pull up that model thanks.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Its the second one

KEMC308KSS0 is the right model number and has it given any F error codes on the display?

kill power the oven at the breaker for 5 minutes restore power and set the oven on 350 for bake and start it and tell me what it does or if anything is displayed on the panel ,thanks.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Left to work can we contact aftwr work

yep just try what I said above and write me and let me know what it did, thanks.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok thanks

sure no problem

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Pf id#30 is that anything

that just means the computer registered a power failure, clear the display set the clock if need be and then set to 350 on bake and start it and see what it does.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok the aftwr work u will try it and send you a tex thank you

sounds good talk to ya then.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi joel i did what you told me and there is no message

ok so did it let you set the oven to bake? and what happened when you started it anything?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I can set the time all the bottons work but when i press start button and doesnt work

ok on the rear of the oven behind the cover panel there is a one time oven cut out thermostat that kills power to the oven if it it is tripped or if it just went bad, you will have to pull the oven out and take the panel off and check that with a meter , if it has continuity it is good if not that is the problem. If that is good then the main board is the issue. I have listed both parts below:

Range High-Limit Thermostat

Part #:(###) ###-####- click here

The control board part number is(###) ###-####/p>

The control board is no longer being made by the manufacturer so you cant buy one new, you can buy them refurbished or you can send them off to have it rebuilt, its about 100 cheaper to send it in and have it rebuilt.

You can send it of to this company for repair - click here

Ebay has one listed refurbished for sale - click here

********************************************************************************

You are billed by the site regardless if you rate the answer or not the only thing you are doing by not rating is keeping me from being compensated for the time I have taken to help you. So please rate the answer before you leave today, THANK YOU

You rate the answer by clicking on the star rating system at the top right of the question page. Since I have given you the initial answer I ask that you go ahead and rate the answer by clicking on the 5th star to the right on the star rating system and any follow up questions will be free and of course I will continue to help until your issue is solved. If you can't figure out how to rate the answer please let me know. If you do not rate the answer can you please at least let me know why you did not so that I can possibly do what is needed to deserve the rating. Thank you in advance.

Hi there,
I was just getting back with you, I see the question is still open and unrated and I have not heard back from you is there something else I can help you with?