Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

We have a bottom freezer 3828jl8069c.several times a day

Customer Question

we have a bottom freezer 3828jl8069c.several times a day water will come out from under the unit for about 5 to 6 mins then stop.temps good in ref n freezer
JA: What's the make and model? And have you checked the settings recently?
Customer: ge pfs22s1sbss.freezer good "0" frig 37
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: how difficult
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no i'm 73
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 3 months ago.

Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

every 8-12 hours your refrigerator goes into a defrost cycle to melt the ice off the evaporator coils, then the water goes down the defrost drain tube to the defrost pan under the fridge so if the water is not building up in the freezer and coming out of the bottom of the freezer door but from underneath the unit then either the drip tray in the rear of the unit is busted and leaking or the drain tube has a hole it in leaking water, either way this will difficult to repair. The drip tray is mounted in the rear of the unit by the compressor as shown in the diagram - click here for diagram

You can take a look at the drip tray and see if you see anything cracked or busted if no the drain tube will need to be replaced.

********************************************************************************

You are billed by the site regardless if you rate the answer or not the only thing you are doing by not rating is keeping me from being compensated for the time I have taken to help you. So please rate the answer before you leave today, THANK YOU

You rate the answer by clicking on the star rating system at the top right of the question page. Since I have given you the initial answer I ask that you go ahead and rate the answer by clicking on the 5th star to the right on the star rating system and any follow up questions will be free and of course I will continue to help until your issue is solved. If you can't figure out how to rate the answer please let me know. If you do not rate the answer can you please at least let me know why you did not so that I can possibly do what is needed to deserve the rating. Thank you in advance.

Hi there,
I was just getting back with you, I see the question is still open and unrated and I have not heard back from you is there something else I can help you with?