Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

GE PT960SP2SS double oven having problems with 1. F9 error

Customer Question

GE PT960SP2SS double oven having problems with 1. F9 error code ( latch has been replaced. 2. Light bulbs blowing
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 5 yrs GE PT960SP2SS
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I might
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 1 month ago.

Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

Did you replace the latch or the door lock assembly?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.

ok since the door lock assembly has been replaced then there are only three other issues that will cause that.

1. It could be an issue with the board over heating because the cooling fan is not running, make sure the cooling fan is running.

2. A wiring issue in the door lock circuit between the door lock assembly and the board, you will need to ohm the wiring to and from to make sure its good.

3. The door lock circuit in the control board is bad and the board needs to be replaced.

********************************************************************************

You are billed by the site regardless if you rate the answer or not the only thing you are doing by not rating is keeping me from being compensated for the time I have taken to help you. So please rate the answer before you leave today, THANK YOU

You rate the answer by clicking on the star rating system at the top right of the question page. Since I have given you the initial answer I ask that you go ahead and rate the answer by clicking on the 5th star to the right on the star rating system and any follow up questions will be free and of course I will continue to help until your issue is solved. If you can't figure out how to rate the answer please let me know. If you do not rate the answer can you please at least let me know why you did not so that I can possibly do what is needed to deserve the rating. Thank you in advance.

Hi there,
I was just getting back with you, I see the question is still open and unrated and I have not heard back from you is there something else I can help you with?