Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

Where does the drain pump shield go on a Kitchenaid

Customer Question

where does the drain pump shield go on a Kitchenaid dishwasher? part #8269449 I replaced the pump and have the extra piece!
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your KitchenAid is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: KUDS01FLWH3
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: 12 yrs old yes, I did
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I don't think so
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 1 month ago.

Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

The shield fits over the pump motor and screws into the pump housing, however the shield is really not that big of a deal and does not have be put back on, it's not going to hurt anything leaving it off.

********************************************************************************

You are billed by the site regardless if you rate the answer or not the only thing you are doing by not rating is keeping me from being compensated for the time I have taken to help you. So please rate the answer before you leave today, THANK YOU

You rate the answer by clicking on the star rating system at the top right of the question page. Since I have given you the initial answer I ask that you go ahead and rate the answer by clicking on the 5th star to the right on the star rating system and any follow up questions will be free and of course I will continue to help until your issue is solved. If you can't figure out how to rate the answer please let me know. If you do not rate the answer can you please at least let me know why you did not so that I can possibly do what is needed to deserve the rating. Thank you in advance.

Hi there,
I was just getting back with you, I see the question is still open and unrated and I have not heard back from you is there something else I can help you with?