AppTech8579
AppTech8579, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  worked on appliances for around 15 years
76126576

I have a kenmore super capacity old agitator style washer.

Customer Question

I have a kenmore super capacity old agitator style washer. Model #: 110.16512690.... It is full of water and clothes..... It completed the wash cycle and then stopped. It will not drain or spin..... What to do? Thank you
Category: Appliance
Expert:  AppTech8579 replied 8 months ago.

Any error codes?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
error codes? Where would i get those? P.S. Draining never begins and the dial stays stopped when the washer stopped too.

Does this unit have the digital readout?

Okay for this model, if the unit wont drain or spin then the lid latch assembly is faulty and needs replaced.

Using the Star Rating Chart at the top of your page and rating me at least a 5 star is how I receive payment for helping you. Please if you do not understand my answer, don't hesitate to ask for more help. BONUSES appreciated.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
no......it does not have digital read outs..... but ..... in the mean time, I figure it out.....I had the lid switch jumped, and the jumper wire that I had taped into place wiggled loose......Thank you though..... Please cancel this question.....Thank you again :)

I would still replace the wire and switch as it is not safe the way you have it, it could catch fire. Good Day.