Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto
95800582

Our 2 year old GE CEB1590 has stopped working. I have

Customer Question

Our 2 year old GE CEB1590 has stopped working. I have removed it from it's place in the cabinet, plugged it into a working receptacle, but it' dead.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Our house new 2 years ago this month, micro new at that time. ceb1590ss2ss
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If possible
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: six months ago power surge gave weird screen, I unplugged it, waited for a half hour, plugged it in and it worked fine
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. When these things happen there are typically a few things that can be checked.

Here is a list of things we can check and information about how it all works. I am here to assist you in any way you need me or any questions you may have.

http://www.repairclinic.com/RepairHelp/How-To-Fix-A-Microwave/65-3-1433222-/GE-Microwave-not-heating-CEB1590SS2SS

I assume the main control board will be the problem but would like to check a few other things before determining that. If the part is out of stock that is at fault no need to worry because I can get the part from else where online for you.

If you have found this information helpful all I ask is you rate with 5 stars at the top so I am credited for my time. Rating does not stop you from getting back to me in the event you need me.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

My apologies I just noticed that you requested a phone call and I am unavailable for a phone call at the moment but I would be more than happy to assist you on here. Have you inspected the fuse to see if its blown yet?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I'm going to take it to a local repair shop tomorrow.
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

Oh ok that is fine. I do believe either way they will find the problem is with the control board and it will need to be replaced. I hope they are able to give you a quick answer and a quick fix. Have a good night .