Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech
13353276

I have a Whirlpool Cabrio Model WTW6400SW3 and every time I

Customer Question

I have a Whirlpool Cabrio Model WTW6400SW3 and every time I wash a load on the spin cycle it makes a grinding scratching noise like metal to metal as its spinning could have a coin gotten in there or what do you think it is .
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: about 7years old
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes if I can live on very little money and I am 61 yrs old and disabled
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: also the noise it makes is pretty loud
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Chas replied 1 month ago.

Hello from our service,

My name is***** am so happy to help you today.

I would like to say that we are also on the honors system. I in good faith am going to do my utmost to ensure your satisfaction. Please before rating me, make sure that I have answered all your questions.

This is a common problem with this specific model, you need to replace the outer tub bearing and shaft. very soon it is going to start leaking water all over the place if it is not repaired. If you click on the blue link below you can order the correct part. The repair parts comes with detailed instructions for this repair..

Click here

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Tips are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory

Expert:  Chas replied 1 month ago.

I noticed that the question is still open, is there anything else I can help you with on this problem?