Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

My refrigerator won't get cold enough

Customer Question

My refrigerator won't get cold enough
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 1 month ago.

Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

There are a few things you need to check before we can figure out what is going on.

1. Check the fans and make sure they are running , the fan in the freezer and the fan on the back next to the compressor, if the compressor is running both fans should be as well.

2. Make sure the compressor is running.

3. Take a look at the back panel/wall of the freezer and see if there is ice built up on the back panel.

4. If all the above checks out remove the back panel of the freezer and look at the frost pattern on the evaporator coil it should have a light frost covering the entire coil, if not the unit has a sealed system issue and has either developed a leak and is low on freon or the unit has a restriction in the system not allowing the freon to flow properly in the system.

Let me know what you find, thanks.

Hi there,
I was just getting back with you, I see the question is still open and unrated and I have not heard back from you is there something else I can help you with?