Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

Panasonic prestige - timing device starts but after few

Customer Question

Good day;Panasonic prestige - timing device starts but after few seconds cuts off.
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box.
Customer: our panasonic prestige micro - the timer shuts off after about 15 seconds- does this on all settings. difficult to repair
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: it is about 7 years old - not overly used -panasonic prestige genius. we believe NNSE9955
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I noticed about 5 ays ago- stopped using- not sure what to start for trouble shooting?
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: should be it clock works
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 6 months ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Answer:

Try to unplug the unit for a full minute and plug it back in. If it still does that it needs a new main control board and would not be worth fixing. I would then suggest buying a new one.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, A 5 STAR RATING ALLOWS UNLIMITED FOLLOWUP QUESTIONS AND A DIRECT LINK BACK TO ME.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!