Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

My dispenser will not dispense water. New filter installed

Customer Question

My dispenser will not dispense water. New filter installed and ice works fine. Won't change from ice on the touch screen
JA: What's the make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Eight years or so he profile pfss6pkxss
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes if possible
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Makes musical noice occassionally
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Eng-Tech replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you with your refrigerator. Please give me a moment to review your question.

Expert:  Eng-Tech replied 1 month ago.

After reviewing the model and your question, I have decided to open this up to additional experts.

Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 1 month ago.

Hello, I'm Joel and see the last expert helping you has opted out of the question so I will be glad to help you today.

That is common issue with those control panels, unplug the unit for 5 minutes restore power and if the display will not change from ice to water then you will need to replace the control, the part is listed below:

Refrigerator Dispenser Control Board

Part #: WR13X10660 - click here

********************************************************************************

You are billed by the site regardless if you rate the answer or not the only thing you are doing by not rating is keeping me from being compensated for the time I have taken to help you. So please rate the answer before you leave today, THANK YOU

You rate the answer by clicking on the star rating system at the top right of the question page. Since I have given you the initial answer I ask that you go ahead and rate the answer by clicking on the 5th star to the right on the star rating system and any follow up questions will be free and of course I will continue to help until your issue is solved. If you can't figure out how to rate the answer please let me know. If you do not rate the answer can you please at least let me know why you did not so that I can possibly do what is needed to deserve the rating. Thank you in advance.

Hi there,
I was just getting back with you, I see the question is still open and unrated and I have not heard back from you is there something else I can help you with?