Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

Door Open" light stays on eventhough all doors and freezer

Customer Question

Door Open" light stays on eventhough all doors and freezer drawer is closed. Frige light it out and no water or ice are being dispensed.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 1 month ago.

Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

The door switch for the freezer door has failed and needs to be replaced. If you give me the model number of the refrigerator I will be glad to give you the replacement switch part number, thanks. In the meantime please read below:

********************************************************************************

You are billed by the site regardless if you rate the answer or not the only thing you are doing by not rating is keeping me from being compensated for the time I have taken to help you.

You rate the answer by clicking on the star rating system at the top right of the question page. Since I have given you the initial answer I ask that you go ahead and rate the answer by clicking on the 5th star to the right on the star rating system and any follow up questions will be free and of course I will continue to help until your issue is solved. If you can't figure out how to rate the answer please let me know. If you do not rate the answer can you please at least let me know why you did not so that I can possibly do what is needed to deserve the rating. Thank you in advance.

Hi there,
I was just getting back with you, I see the question is still open and unrated and I have not heard back from you is there something else I can help you with?

Customer: replied 24 days ago.
The repairman just defrosted the frozen switch, removed frost and everything else started working. Thanks for your input.