Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto
95800582

Water keeps collecting under and in my crisper drawers. I

Customer Question

Water keeps collecting under and in my crisper drawers. I have no idea why or how to stop it.
JA: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?
Customer: For several weeks. I have kept rolls of paper towels inside the drawers which I constantly have to replace. Then I have to use bath towels to dry the water under them.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If I knew what to do, I would do it.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: That is it for now. It is very annoying.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Have you inspected the condenser coils behind the back panel from the inside of either your fridge or freezer to see if the water is dripping from off of there?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No, I have no idea how to do that.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

Ok so you will need to find which side you are able to pull the panel out of most of the time there are aiir vents on the panel which will be your indicator for where the panel is at.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Are we talking about inside or outside the frig?
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

the inside

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I'll have to ask my son to help. I'm an 80 year old widow. I will print out your responses. Any other suggestions as to what is causing this?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It is only happening inside the frig not the freezer
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

I believe you will find water dripping off of those. This thread does not have to be closed until we solve this problem so if you need further assistance later I can be here when you need me.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you. I will print this conversation out and show it to my son. How do I contact you again if I need to?
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

also another thing do you have an ice maker on this unit?

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

you can bookmark this page to get back to me. Rating does not stop you from reaching me again.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
in the freezer compartment which is below the frig.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
If it is in fact the coils, do I need a repairman?
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

no you can defrost them with a blow dryer. If it is not them come back to me and we will figure it out.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

I noticed this question was still open so I wanted to follow up with you to see how it was going and to see if you needed anything further?