John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

We have a Kitchenaid Model KFXS25RYMS1 refrigerator and it

Customer Question

We have a Kitchenaid Model KFXS25RYMS1 refrigerator and it will not make ice. Do you have any trouble shooting ideas for us?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your KitchenAid is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: KFXS25RYMS1 think it is approx. 5-6 years old.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Well we recently had a technician out as ice was building up in the bottom and melting onto the hardwood. At the time, our renter failed to mention the ice maker issue. The cost was close to $300 so would like to avoid the home service if possible.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Not that I can think of.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Eng-tech replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you with your refrigerator. Please give me a moment to review your model

Expert:  Eng-tech replied 1 month ago.

Can you tell me what position the icemaker teeth are in?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I am not currently in the area. I was hoping for some trouble shooting tips and information to avoid a service call.
Expert:  Eng-tech replied 1 month ago.

Ok, this appears to be a bottom freezer model with the icemaker in the freezer. You will want to make sure that the icemaker teeth are pointing up at about a 2 o"clock position when looking at the icemaker from the front of the freezer. If it is not, then replace the icemaker.

Expert:  Eng-tech replied 1 month ago.

This of course assumes that the water is turned on to the refrigerator and that you are getting water through the dispenser.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The ice maker is not in the bottom freezer. It is in the fridge.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
water is coming through the dispenser.
Expert:  Eng-tech replied 1 month ago.

Ok, then I will opt out for another expert as I am not familiar with this particular configuration.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is***** am a different expert here and I will try to assist you. When was the last time the water filter was changed?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I will try to contact the residents and get back to you.
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

sounds good I will be here.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

I noticed this question was still open so I wanted to follow up with you to see how it was going and to see if you needed anything further?