Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a Samsung RFG237AARS refrigerator. The shelf above

Customer Question

I have a Samsung RFG237AARS refrigerator. The shelf above the vegetable drawers has a plastic edge around the shelf. Some blood from meat that was thawing leaked onto the shelf and went in between the edge and the shelf. How do I take out the shelf and how do I clean between the edge and the shelf?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: The refrigerator was bought in 2011. The Model # is RFG237AAR5. 23 cu. ft.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes, I just need to be able to clean the shelf.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: How do I get the shelf out and can I take the edge off to clean between it and the shelf?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 month ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Answer:

Here is how you remove it, then just wash it out in a utility tub.

CLICK HERE

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, A 5 STAR RATING ALLOWS UNLIMITED FOLLOWUP QUESTIONS AND A DIRECT LINK BACK TO ME.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!