John, restaurant equipment technician
Experience:  25+ years experience. I'm now employed by a commercial cooking equipment service company
22250861

I have a Themador Wast range. Motel GCT 484GG I need to

Customer Question

I have a Themador Wast King range. Motel GCT 484GG I need to replace the valve that turns on one of the burners I am having a problem finding it I believe it is Bosch part # AP2832004
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Bosch is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: The house was built in the early 90's so I guess it is that old. The model is GCT 484GG
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: it is a range with grill, and skiddle
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: my son turned the knob to hard I believe so the ignition works fine but I am unable to turn it off, so I had to shut the gas off to the whole thing it is a vacation house, so it is in perfect condition other than one of the burners now unable to shut off I had a repair guy out here, but he said he can not find it is there something else I can replace the valve with?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 6 months ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer. Thermador is no longer producing gas ranges. If you go to www.repairclinic.com, and type their part number(###) ###-####into the search box, you'll see a photo of the valve they used, along with the manufacturer part number. This valve is still being used, so you should be able to take it to a appliance repair shop in your area, to match it.

Thank you for choosing JustAnswer.