How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask John Your Own Question
John, restaurant equipment technician
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 2136
Experience:  25+ years experience. I'm now employed by a commercial cooking equipment service company
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
John is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a Themador Wast range. Motel GCT 484GG I need to

Customer Question

I have a Themador Wast King range. Motel GCT 484GG I need to replace the valve that turns on one of the burners I am having a problem finding it I believe it is Bosch part # AP2832004
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Bosch is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: The house was built in the early 90's so I guess it is that old. The model is GCT 484GG
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: it is a range with grill, and skiddle
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: my son turned the knob to hard I believe so the ignition works fine but I am unable to turn it off, so I had to shut the gas off to the whole thing it is a vacation house, so it is in perfect condition other than one of the burners now unable to shut off I had a repair guy out here, but he said he can not find it is there something else I can replace the valve with?
Submitted: 6 months ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 6 months ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer. Thermador is no longer producing gas ranges. If you go to, and type their part number(###) ###-####into the search box, you'll see a photo of the valve they used, along with the manufacturer part number. This valve is still being used, so you should be able to take it to a appliance repair shop in your area, to match it.

Thank you for choosing JustAnswer.