Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

Starter dial will not move to begin wash, series DU915

Customer Question

starter dial will not move to begin wash
JA: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: series DU915 Whirlpool; 12 years old
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 6 months ago.

Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

The dishwasher timer motor has failed so the timer will have to be replaced. The model number you gave is not a full model number so I can't give you the replacement part number for the timer unless you give the full model it should be something like

DU915PWKB0 or close, if you give me the full number I will give you the replacement timer part number, thanks. In the meantime please read below:

********************************************************************************

The only way I am compensated for the time I spend on the site helping is if you rate the answer by clicking on the star rating system at the top right of the question page. Since I have given you the initial answer I ask that you go ahead and rate the answer by clicking on the 5th star to the right on the star rating system and any follow up questions will be free and of course I will continue to help until your issue is solved. If you can't figure out how to rate the answer please let me know. If you do not rate the answer can you please at least let me know why you did not so that I can possibly do what is needed to deserve the rating. Thank you in advance.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
DU915SPWKSO IS NUMBER INSIDE ON DOOR

ok great give me just a moment to get that part number for you.

The replacement timer is listed below:

]Dishwasher Timer

Part #: WP8535371 - click here

I do hope you take the time to rate the answer before you leave, thanks in advance.

Hi there,
I was just getting back with you, I see the question is still open and unrated and I have not heard back from you is there something else I can help you with?