John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I'm trying to get the left door off of my side by side. i

Customer Question

i'm trying to get the left door off of my side by side. i unhooked the connections at the top but didn't realize there is some kind of a connection at the bottom. also i can find the water shut off in the fridge
JA: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?
Customer: it's i think 7 years old
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: just how to get the water turned off and getting the left door off. i already have taken the right door off
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 5 months ago.

Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.
Please provide me with the model number of the unit you are needing help with so that I can give you model specific information, as soon as I get that information I will get your answer prepared as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
maytag msd2542vew00
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
no thank you

You must be saying no thank you about the phone call?, That is an automated request by the site not from me, thank you for the model number give me just a moment to get you some info on taking that door off.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
i found the water connector at the bottom of the door, however, i don't see a way to get it off
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
nevermind

there should be either a quick connect for the water at the bottom of the door or a vinyl compressor fitting to unscrew, if its a quick connect you just push the rings at the top of the connector down and pull the line.

did you get it?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
i just cut the line and it's done.