Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

Bosch electrc stove is giving me an error 43 message, is

Customer Question

Bosch electrc stove is giving me an error 43 message, is beeping, and oven is lolcked...can you help?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Bosch is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Have no idea
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: hopefully
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: don't think so, but oven was preheating and it made a tingling noise before this happened
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 6 months ago.

Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

The error 43 on a bosch range is a door latch switch or board problem, the board is reading the switch as abnormal so either the switch assembly is bad or the board is bad, if you have a meter and the knowledge to use one let me know and I give you the diagnostic information to figure out which it is, however if you do not I would recommend you have a technician come out and diagnose the issue for you before you go spending money on parts that are not needed, unless you just want to replace both parts and be done with it. Let me know which and I will get you the replacement part numbers, diagnostic info etc;, In the meantime please read below:

********************************************************************************

The only way I am compensated for the time I spend on the site helping is if you rate the answer by clicking on the star rating system at the top right of the question page. Since I have given you the initial answer I ask that you go ahead and rate the answer by clicking on the 5th star to the right on the star rating system and any follow up questions will be free and of course I will continue to help until your issue is solved. If you can't figure out how to rate the answer please let me know. If you do not rate the answer can you please at least let me know why you did not so that I can possibly do what is needed to deserve the rating. Thank you in advance.