John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

My ge fridge is reading 36 degs. F on freezer side, and

Customer Question

My ge fridge is reading 36 degs. F on freezer side, and 56degs. on refrigerator side. I reset temps above the fridge side on the digital instrument but they go back to higher values. What gives?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: about 6years old and model PSC23NSWA SS, made in Mexico
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: not if it requires basic knowledge
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: My food in the freezer is melting and my fridge side at 54degs. is quite warm
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 1 month ago.

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 36 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Your unit is responding correctly when you change a temperature the set temp will show for a few seconds and then the display will go back to ACTUAL temp reading.

But that does not sound like it is your issue.

If you open the freezer door look on the rear interior panel do you see any frost or ice on the rear interior wall panel?

And do you hear the freezer Evaporator fan running?