John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have a Maytag MHP30PRB that is freezing with 6 minutes to

Customer Question

I have a Maytag MHP30PRB that is freezing with 6 minutes to go at the end of the cycle, any cycle. I have cleared the drain line, swapped the pump with the one from the machine next to it, then the pressure switch. Now they both have the same problem
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: only a couple of years. Model number MHP30PRB
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I'm a maintenance tech at a hotel, I suspect housekeeping of using non-HE detergent, in case that might be an indicator
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 6 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. It sounds like the problem may be with the temperature sensor. Are you receiving any error codes?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No error codes other than after an average of 5 minutes holding at "6 Minutes" I get "unbalanced load." This is while empty, negligible amount of water remaining. Thermistor reads at 10.5K at room temperature.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
thanks, ***** ***** way :)
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 6 months ago.

lets go ahead and put your unit into diagnostics mode to see what is going on in there if you dont mind.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 6 months ago.

I noticed this question was still open so I wanted to follow up with you to see how it was going and to see if you needed anything further?