Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto
95800582

If we stay the washer empty it runs through the cycle, but

Customer Question

Hi! If we stay the washer empty it runs through the cycle, but is very noisy on the spin cycle. When there are clothes in it it turns once, stops and the door needs to be unlocked manually. The add a farmant light is also on. We trotted to replace the motor control unit, did not help.
Please help! Thanks!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. When you say you replaced the motor control unit are you referring to the control board? If the lock keeps locking up on you it could be that the lock mechanism is the problem. Does this happen every time? Lets try putting your unit into diagnostics mode and see if any codes come up.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
the control board. We cannot figure out how to put it into diagnostic mode.
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

Ok I have the service manual for your unit I just sent over an offer for it if you do not mind to accept that and i can send the full manual to you.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

That way we can get a better picture of what we are looking at.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I already have the manual
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

the service manual with the diagnostics information in it?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
There is nothing in there on how to put it into diagnostic mode
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

That is because you have the user manual not the service manual.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I see. I am not in front of the washer now. Can we continue tomorrow?
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

That is perfectly fine. I will be here when you need me.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
It Gave me an f29 followed by C01 c08 h02 u15 u 14 u00 h02 c00 n00 nc 189 c00 c02 filling c03 c04
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi. By the way!
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

Hello again :)

So obviously as you already knew your door lock is failing you and will more than likely need replaced but it also seems your inlet valve is giving you trouble as well.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
What about the third link, the motor control unit?
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

Well with the other things I worry that its just giving an off reading to the control board so I wanted to have the other two checked out first.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

I mean it could make sense as to why the door never wants to unlock and the water reading off would be if the board is bad so it could be the root to everything. I would like you to make sure that the lock has nothing in there obstructing it from locking or unlocking. Then we need to make sure the water inlet valve is functioning correctly. It can actually be checked with a multimeter if you have one. If both of those are ok then the problem is with the control board itself and it will need to be replaced.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
We tried replacing the mcu already. ..
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

When did you replace it?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
We replaced it the other day and nothing changed. We replaced the door unit this evening and are still getting the f29.. ANY IDEAS?
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

The f29 unit is the door lock error now you said you replaced the door unit what exactly do you mean by that?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
We replaced the door lock unit and it didn't help..
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

This is making no sense you are getting the error for the door lock being the issue and replacing the door lock did not help. That typically means that your control board is the problem but you said you replaced that as well correct? I am running out of ideas. Have you had a chance to test your water inlet valve yet?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
We just replaced the water valve and it is currently running a diagnostic mode as it did not work. We did replace the MCU, but since it didn't work we took it back
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
After Diagnostic mode is still giving a f29.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Door strike. Tomorrow. Luckily RepairClinic.com is 15 minutes from and I can get the parts same day. Will the door strike really make a difference?
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

it can if you have replaced the door mechanism and that did not work and neither did the MCU its all that is left. I am happy that they are so close to you that is awesome. Let me know what happens please.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The strike plate didn't work either . Wet now have a new door lock, strike plate and water intake. We triedthe mcu and still have a f29
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

I am completely out of ideas because the code you are getting is for the door lock mechanism and you have replaced everything to do with this code.