Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

My GE advantium speed cooker stopped working. No power to

Customer Question

My GE advantium speed cooker stopped working. No power to anything. This happened in the middle of cooking some broccoli. I replaced the fuse already and nothing changed.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: It is a PSB1001NSS. Built in 2011.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I have the service panels open and the front display open.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

See the attached page. There is a thermal fuse (Cavity TCO) on the left side that has likely opened. Can you access it for testing continuity?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
This will be very difficult, but i will try.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

Yes, the entire thing needs to be pulled out to access it. I suspect that fuse is open. Let me know what you find.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It had continuity.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

Do you know what the magnetron is?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

On the side of it is a thermal fuse in line with the neutral side of the power. Can you test it for continuity?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I did and it does not. One thing that troubles me is that I plugged the unit in and jumped the contacts with a screwdriver and still nothing. Shouldn't that turn the front panel on?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

Yes, provided the transformer is working. The main power comes into the transformer and then out of the transformer to the controls. So, the transformer is likely faulty. Can you test its voltage output?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The output side seems sealed. But I dont seem to have any voltage on the input side.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

There is a fuse in line with it. Are you sure the fuse is good? See the attached page.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I found a 20A fuse and replaced it, but the one I took out had continuity so I'm not sure it was bad. So I'm not sure.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

Is it lighting up now with the new fuse?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No. It is the same. The fuse was the first thing I replaced. Is there somewhere I can test after the fuse and before the transformer that you would suggest? I have 123v when I put the red tester on the left side of the fuse and the black on the neutral line going into the circuit board, but when I move the red tester to the right side and leave the black on the nurtral I have nothing. Is that where the issue is? This happens with the original fuse and the new one.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

That is pretty odd. Is the filter board where you are testing at? See attached page.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
That is the fuse I replaced.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

Okay, do you have 120 VAC at the input connector? How about at the output connectors?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have 124v at the input and the output.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

Okay, but no voltage to the transformer input?

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

See attached page. Do you have 120 VAC at the CN1 connector?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Nope. Nothing at the transformer.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

See the attached page. That means the relay board is faulty.

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

CLICK HERE

Please know I am here if you have follow up questions!

You deserve 5 star service! I hope I have earned your 5 star rating using the stars at the top of the page! Please let me know if you have additional questions, I am here to help! Thank you so much!

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Does this explain why there is no power to the transformer? I would think that gets power prior to the control panel. Maybe not.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

If you follow the black and white wires that are the input for the low voltage transformer, they feed from the relay board.

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

Hello, I see this question is still open and I was just following up to see if you require further assistance.

Please rate 5 stars at the top of the page. You can still follow up at any point at no additional charge!

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks. I have power there I believe. I ordered the board you recommended and will let you know what happened when I do the install. Thanks.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
Bad news. I installed the part you recommended and no change. Still no power to front panel. Any ideas?