Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a viking VGSU5366BSS. When plugged in, all the

Customer Question

Hello, I have a viking VGSU5366BSS. When plugged in, all the burners try to ignite when the gas is not on. I've determined that when I have the front right and front left ignited, then it will stop trying to ignite. I've replaced all the o-rings, re-seated the wire connection to the ignitor & cleaned all the burners and ignitor.Before trying to replace the ignitor box itself, I wanted to see if there is another step I should consider.Any advise is appreciated.Regards,
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 2 months ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Answer:

You actually have a bad burner switch one of the switches that are behind the burner knobs and trim. You need to check those one is stuck closed causing that issue.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, A 5 STAR RATING ALLOWS UNLIMITED FOLLOWUP QUESTIONS AND A DIRECT LINK BACK TO ME.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thanks... Thinking its one of two issues. 1) Shorted burner switch or 2) Bad ignitor module. Trying to see how i can narrow down.

Likely not a bad module just unplug one wire from each switch if it stops bad switch