John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I recently installed a lid switch, in an effort to correct

Customer Question

i recently installed a lid switch, in an effort to correct the problem of not locking which prevents it from filling and washing. while doing this i accidently caused a short which resulted in a slight noise that came from the mother board. So i replaced both the lid switch and the mother board. I still cannot get the washer to fill and the lid to lock and a wash to begin
JA: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: its a whirlpool the mother board # is w10296052 will that help
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I am hoping to determine why after replacing these parts the washer will not work
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one who will try to assist you. I am sorry to hear you are having this trouble lets see if we can get this taken care of for you. The model number should be located on the inside of of the door if you do not mind checking there for me.