John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

Is it a major electronic problem or minor issue?

Customer Question

is it a major electronic problem or minor issue?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

May I please have the model number from your dishwasher?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I already gave it to Brian - Model GDWT260r30ss ser GV707796B
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

Will the control still reset with a power cycle?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
no, I don't want to spend more than the agreed-upon $5. I don't understand the "control reset with power cycle." When the problem started it was a matter of beeping and the machine not running. At that point unplugging it, waiting a few minutes, and plugging it back in would work. Now it will not work under any circumstances; even after "rebooting," the beeping continues and the controls are frozen. You can still change the light to any cycle by pressing the buttons, but nothing happens.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I am using your service to determine whether it makes sense to have the machine repaired or whether we should cut our losses. Is this a problem that you can identify, and which of the electronics are likely to need replacing?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I got the notice saying it would take 24 hours to receive a response. Apparently this is all about up-selling, right? I'm going to take this up with my credit card company. Do not even THINK of charging me more than $5, and I'm going to try to keep you from getting that.