Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto
95800582

I have a Samsung dishwasher and it starts a cycle and then

Customer Question

I have a Samsung dishwasher and it starts a cycle and then stops, the Normal, heavy and smart auto lights flash. What is the possible malfunction
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: It's 4 years old the code # is DD68
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If it's easy to do
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Model # DMT 400RHS
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.
Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear you are experiencing this problem. Remove power and keep aside for few hours, Allow the internal voltages to discharge and thus reset if there was an error on the processor.
Before the power is plugged check the door safety switch and also connections to the controller unit. check the inlet vavle and drain pump, if short is suspected remove and check.
If the fault returns then we need to suspect the processor controller board Is the problem because the code you are receiving is for an electrical problem. I hope the reset works and you do not have to replace the control board.