John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I tried to get someone to repair my fridge, but all said

Customer Question

I tried to get someone to repair my fridge, but all said that Samsung parts are a two week wait. I was hoping for a suggestion to quick fix my problem. I cleaned the coils. The refrigerator is showing 52, but it is cooling fine. It "boings" about every couple of minutes to let me know there is a problem. I tried to reset, but it goes back to 52.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: about 5 years old rs7647DRS
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: or son
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Not that I am aware of. The last repair place said that Samsung repairs started at $400!
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

Is the displayed temperature different from the actual temperature?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The refrigerator and freezer seem to be the correct temp. I tried to change the temp, but it always goes back. I tried unplugging the unit & that did not help.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

If the display is off but the temperatures are okay, the main board is likely faulty. The likelihood of all the sensors failing at the same time is extremely unlikely.

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

Can you double check the model number, please?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
RS265TDRS
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

Thank you. So the temperatures are good but the display shows otherwise, in both the freezer and refrigerator, so the alarm goes off. Is that correct?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
But the freezer temp is showing minus 12 which I've noted that is the correct temp.