Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line
16832328

I have a KitchenAid Superba, Model # KSCS25INSS00. recently

Customer Question

I have a KitchenAid Superba, Model # KSCS25INSS00.
recently my condenser fan kicks on and off several times per minute. the fridge and freezer remain cool, but I am worried the condenser, fan, thermostat and/or control board are faulty. How can I tell which one?
Thanks,
Tom
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 1 month ago.

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 36 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Give me a minute or two to pull up information on this model

Do you have a Volt-Ohm meter to be able to test the voltage to the condenser fan motor?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I do. But I won't have access for a few hours.

ok so we meed to see if the voltage is coming and going or if it is constant.

If the voltage is constant then it is the fan motor itself.

If the voltage is erratic then it is the control board.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau.
They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year!
They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

Here is a link to the fan motor .

http://www.repairclinic.com/vwo13/PartDetail/Condenser-Fan-Motor/W10124096/1378525?mr=0?rcaid=1000070

Here is a link to the control board .

Ok the board is no longer available from the manufacture.

Let me see if it can be rebuilt.

Yes the board can be sent away and rebuilt and the company that does that even gives it a warranty.

http://www.fixyourboard.com/boards/WPW10219463.html

If you have any questions just let me know.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
OK - I have a craftsman multimeter and I am ready to test. However, the problem with the fan kicking on and off is not constant. At the moment it seems to be working properly. I haven't figured out how to trigger the problem.

ok have the back panel just setting in place ready to be removed and when the condenser fan shut off test the leads for voltage .

Test the Red /White to the White looking for 120 volts A/C if you have the voltage and the fan is off the fan is the issue.

but if you have no voltage and the compressor is still running then it is in fact a control board issue..

Which means you will need to have it rebuilt or buy a whole new unit!

And you can also check the leads on the control board to make sure they are not loose also.