Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

My front load kenmore washer, model #970 C47092-10 won't

Customer Question

Hi, My front load kenmore washer, model #970 C47092-10 won't start. The lights come on when I select the cycle, but when I push start the water begins then immediately stops and the display shuts down and goes to no spin. Can you help?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Kenmore is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Perhaps 08, and #c47092
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: It is very hard to get a repair person here ...a 2 week wait so I will have a go.
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box.
Customer: There,s only an x
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Don't know what that might be
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

Let's see what error codes may be stored in the control's memory, please.

To recall an error code:

• Wake the machine by pressing any button

• Wait 5 seconds • Press and hold the Start and Pause Cancel buttons simultaneously

• All LEDs will go blank and after a few seconds the control will signal the stored code using audible beeps and blinking LEDs. The control will repeatedly signal the code, as long as the Start and Pause Cancel buttons are pressed

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Err23
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

That error means that the main machine control has failed. It will need to be replaced. That also explains the strange behavior. I will get you that part number.

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

There are a couple screws on the back of the top panel. Once removed, it will slide back and pull up and off to allow access to the control for replacing.

The link below is to the part you will need, part number###-##-####

CLICK HERE

Please know I am here if you have follow up questions!

You deserve 5 star service! I hope I have earned your 5 star rating using the stars at the top of the page! Please let me know if you have additional questions, I am here to help! Thank you so much!

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

Hello, I see this question is still open and I was just following up to see if you require further assistance.

Please rate 5 stars at the top of the page. You can still follow up at any point at no additional charge!