John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

My 2 year old refrigerator/freezer starts making a noise

Customer Question

my 2 year old refrigerator/freezer starts making a noise (loud noise) and ice is forming around the thing inn back of the freezer drawer. We take a blow dryer and melt the ice and the noise stops. This has been happening now for a week. The ice accmulates every 24 hours
JA: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?
Customer: Whirlpool W10360467A
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Hopefullly we would like to save a service call if possible
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: What is the problem and how can it be resolved
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 months ago.

The number you have listed is a part number. Can I get a full model number located on a sticker near the ceiling of the refrigerator section so I can better assist you?

Also, what does this ice look like? Is it clear solid ice or white frost? Is it building up on the floor in the freezer? etc...

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?