Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a S5741 safe and have the keys, but the electronic

Customer Question

I have a S5741 safe and have the keys, but the electronic pad is no longer working. New batteries put in, and the wires are loose. How can I open.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: Problem has been going on for 3-4 months, but now there is no green light or any lights at all.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I want to get into the safe and want to know if I can bypass without the electronic keypad (with just having the key)
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: that is is
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 8 months ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Answer:

Unfortunately there is no way to get into the unit even with the keys if the electronic lock is not working. You will have to either have it cut open or take it to a locksmith and they will drill it to open it.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, A 5 STAR RATING ALLOWS UNLIMITED FOLLOWUP QUESTIONS AND A DIRECT LINK BACK TO ME.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!