Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have the F1 E2 code on the chariot washer, if I clear it

Customer Question

I have the F1 E2 code on the chariot washer, if I clear it the washer might work one or two times. When it doesn't work it happens at the beginning of the sensing cycle and it makes a humming noise.
JA: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Whirlpool cabrio wtw5600xwo
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I don't think so
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 month ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Answer:

That is a main control/motor control fault. You will need to replace the main control board in the console to fix that issue.

CLICK HERE FOR PART

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, A 5 STAR RATING ALLOWS UNLIMITED FOLLOWUP QUESTIONS AND A DIRECT LINK BACK TO ME.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!