Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

We have a samsung dryer model dv70h4300cw, it worked fine

Customer Question

we have a samsung dryer model dv70h4300cw, it worked fine until it suddenly stopped after a few hours constant use. I have tried turning off and taking out plug. looks normal when i press start button, the left light keeps blinking, but nothing starts and within some minutes it turn itself off...
john from norway
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 month ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Do you hear a click in the console when you press Start?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
no

OK then check the belt to see if it is broken and then you will have to check the high limit thermostat on the blower housing, typically it will be one of those two things that are causing that issue.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, A 5 STAR RATING ALLOWS UNLIMITED FOLLOWUP QUESTIONS AND A DIRECT LINK BACK TO ME.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
is the thermostat easily accessible - I do not have much time today, so will have to get back to it if it takes time. Also, I am no expert, just a usual user. The belt seems ok - at least it feels ok when i rotate the drier from inside (I am Norwegian, excuse my language..)
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I hope i can get back to you after the weekend, by using this thread?

Yes after a 5 star rating you will get back to me direct anytime