Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

What is the wattage of an Amana Range AER5522VCX 1 as we are

Customer Question

what is the wattage of an Amana Range AER5522VCX 1 as we are having electrical issues. When on it draws42.3 amps
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Amana is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 1 to 2 years?
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: We have an electrician on site
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: the e3lectrician id trying to find out the wattage of the stove as currently it is on a 40amp breaker and is tripping due to the 42.3 draw
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

The wattage depends on how many elements you have on. If you turn all elements on, you should have around 42 watts. If you just have the oven on and one cooktop element or just the oven or just 2 elements etc the amp draw is less. It's recommended to use a 50 amp breaker for this appliance but it's also stated that the oven can be used on a 40 amp breaker if you have 205 volts instead of 220 (commercial setting).

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.