Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a 20 year old Frost Free Kitchen Aide refrigerator.

Customer Question

I have a 20 year old Frost Free Kitchen Aide refrigerator. It keeps on beeping but I don't know why or what to do.
JA: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?
Customer: Ops ! That's a 20 -year old "Frost Free" Magic Chef.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Can't access it.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

The model tag should be inside the refrigerator section, either on a side wall or on the ceiling.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Your right! I had to stand on my head but this is what I found:740 King Edward
37311
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

Hmm, the model should look like HMG1234AB1 or something. Any other numbers on there?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Sorry. I've never crawled into a refrigerator before. There's more:RB23GN3A
115V 60HZ
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

Bingo, thank you! You have learned a new skill, fridge crawling! :-)

Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

This model is all mechanical control, there is nothing that will beep. Could it be a squeak or squeal from the freezer section maybe?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
What would be the cause for the freezer, which is filled to capacity, to squeal or squeak?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

The evaporator fan that moves the air is common to chirp, some describe it as a "bird being in the freezer" when it begins.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I'll mention that this sound has been going on for over a week. It's been difficult determining which appliance has been causing it.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you for your help Kelly. I'll check that out.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

There are only two moving parts, the fan in the freezer and the fan down by the compressor. The compressor would not make any high pitched noises, so I don't suspect it. Does the sound go off regularly?

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

I believe the issue is with the freezer fan. It is mounted behind the rear wall, inside the freezer.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

CLICK HERE

Please know I am here if you have follow up questions!

You deserve 5 star service! I hope I have earned your 5 star rating using the stars at the top of the page! Please let me know if you have additional questions, I am here to help! Thank you so much!